ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — 25-year-old Erich Brinkmier, of Freeport, was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges that he traveled with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor.
Brinkmeier faces two counts of the charge, and one count of felony offense involving a minor when he was required to be registered as a sex offender.
The indictment from the U.S. Department of Justice says on October 28th, 2019, and November 4th, 2019, Brinkmeier traveled to Iowa with the intent of having sex with a child who was 14-years-old.
Brinkmeier faces up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, plus a 10 year mandatory sentence for committing a felony offense involving a minor.
He was registered as a sex offender for criminal sexual abuse of a 13-year-old when he was 18.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others