FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 26-year-old Zachariah Schneider was arrested Thursday after police say he stole a wallet from a senior citizen at a Super 8 hotel and then bought hundreds of dollars of goods at a Rockford Walmart.
On March 6th, 2019, a 71-year-old South Dakota man reported to Freeport Police that while he was staying at the hotel, his wallet, containing $200 cash and bank cards, were stolen.
Soon after, the victim reported multiple charges on his cards at two different Walmart stores in Rockford, totaling $642.30.
Police say they identified Schneider as a suspect and issued a warrant for his arrest. He was taken into custody by the Winnebago County Sheriff and transported to the Stephenson County Sheriff on October 31st.
Schneider is charged with felony Identity Theft and Theft.
After being served with his arrest warrant, Schneider was released back to the custody of the Winnebago County Sheriff.
- Several Tornadoes Confirmed Monday Afternoon
- President Trump, Ivanka made donations to Harris’s campaign in 2014
- Rockford man sentenced to 60 years for raping, transmitting HIV to child
- Thrive Cafe to close downtown Rockford location
- Watch: Phoenix Suns surprise players by having families announce lineup from home