FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 26-year-old Zachariah Schneider was arrested Thursday after police say he stole a wallet from a senior citizen at a Super 8 hotel and then bought hundreds of dollars of goods at a Rockford Walmart.
On March 6th, 2019, a 71-year-old South Dakota man reported to Freeport Police that while he was staying at the hotel, his wallet, containing $200 cash and bank cards, were stolen.
Soon after, the victim reported multiple charges on his cards at two different Walmart stores in Rockford, totaling $642.30.
Police say they identified Schneider as a suspect and issued a warrant for his arrest. He was taken into custody by the Winnebago County Sheriff and transported to the Stephenson County Sheriff on October 31st.
Schneider is charged with felony Identity Theft and Theft.
After being served with his arrest warrant, Schneider was released back to the custody of the Winnebago County Sheriff.
- Titans hit the turf in preparation for their State Semifinal game
- Village of Cherry Valley looks to continue 1% sales tax levy in March 2020 ballot
- Aldeen assistant pro French wins Drasler Award
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products
- Vet: Dog likely chewed off leg to escape chain; owner arrested