FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Freeport Police’s Gang Unit recovered 4 guns, marijuana and Ecstacy during a Tuesday afternoon raid in which a 17-year-old suspect was arrested.
Police say the search warrant was conducted in the 400 block of South State Avenue at 4:50 p.m.
Officers found two .380 caliber handguns, one 9mm, and one .45, which was reported stolen from a home in Green County earlier in the year. Police also found 30 grams of cannabis, and 3 MDMA (Ecstacy) tablets.
The juvenile male was charged with 4 counts of Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Firearm, and No FOID card.
He was taken to the Kane County Juvenile Detention Center.
- Animals killed in barn fire in McHenry County
- Cloud Cover Lingers into Thanksgiving, More Sunshine Ahead For Friday
- One killed, one injured in Thanksgiving morning shooting in Rockford
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets