FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — The Freeport Police Department have released the identify of the man who was killed in a shooting that injured five others over the weekend.
Laterryon Brumfield, 23, was found around 12:19 a.m. on Sunday, when officers responded to a call of shots fired near the 900 block of S. Carroll Avenue.
When officers got to the scene, they found six gunshot victims.
Four were brought to the Freeport Health Network Emergency Room for treatment and the other two were rushed to other area hospitals due to their injuries.
Brumfield was pronounced dead upon arrival at a local hospital.
The other victims included a 26-year-old Freeport man who had a wound to his chest and a 26-year old Freeport man who had injuries to both arm. A 28-year-old Freeport woman suffered injuries to her right leg and a 19-year old woman from Cedarville had an injury to her hand.
Police have no description of any suspects at this time. The incident is still under investigation.
If anyone has any information they should contact the Freeport Police Department 815-235-8222 or Stateline Area Crime Stoppers 866-847-7699.
A GoFundMe has been started by Brumfield’s sister to raise money for his funeral.
- Illinois congresswoman introduces ‘biological sex’ school bathroom, sports team bill
- Walmart removes $35 minimum order requirement for Express delivery service
- Belvidere Chrysler plant cutting 150 jobs
- Police arrest Rockford man on weapon, drug charges
- Man robbed, stabbed on W. State Street near Sav-A-Lot