FREEPORT, Ill (WTVO) — The Freeport Police Department says Kelvin Murray, 24, of Chicago, has been identified as the man shot to death in the city Tuesday night.
The second victim, a 26-year-old man, is said to be in stable condition.
According to the Freeport Police Department, officers were called to the area of Wyandotte and Ottawa around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday, where they found two shooting victims.
Police say they learned there had been a fight in the 500 block of Wyandotte where the shooting occurred, and the suspect fled the area.
Both victims were taken to Freeport Memorial Hospital and then eventually to hospitals in Rockford, where Murray was pronounced dead.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams