FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 18-year-old Jayden Hughes was arrested Monday night after police say he tried to kick in the door of a 21-year-old woman with whom he was prohibited from having contact with.
Freeport Police say they were called to the 600 block of N. Waddell in the Douglas Village housing complex, where Hughes was allegedly attempting to break down the door. Police said Hughes had also broken a glass window to the apartment.
According to authorities, Hughes had previously been served bond conditions which prohibited him from having contact with the victim.
He was arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct, Resisting/Obstructing a Police Officer, Violation of Bail Bond, and Criminal Damage to Government Supported Property.
He was taken to the Stephenson County Jail on a $15,000 bond.
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program
- Rockford park gets financial boost from State of Illinois
- Church volunteers donate bags of free winter clothing for the homeless
- Rockford Police Officer to move in to city’s 3rd neighborhood house