FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — 18-year-old Jayden Hughes was arrested Monday night after police say he tried to kick in the door of a 21-year-old woman with whom he was prohibited from having contact with.
Freeport Police say they were called to the 600 block of N. Waddell in the Douglas Village housing complex, where Hughes was allegedly attempting to break down the door. Police said Hughes had also broken a glass window to the apartment.
According to authorities, Hughes had previously been served bond conditions which prohibited him from having contact with the victim.
He was arrested and charged with Disorderly Conduct, Resisting/Obstructing a Police Officer, Violation of Bail Bond, and Criminal Damage to Government Supported Property.
He was taken to the Stephenson County Jail on a $15,000 bond.
- Record 16.6 million have sought US jobless aid since virus
- 11 people displaced after DeKalb apartment fire
- 103-year-old great-grandmother says courage, hydration, faith helped beat virus
- First round of coronavirus stimulus checks on the way
- Amber Alert: North Carolina toddler abducted after mom hurt in stabbing