FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Stateline area bookworms have the chance to grab their next good read and help a good cause at the Voices of Stephenson County “Fall Used Book Sale.”
The sale is taking place at the Voices of Stephenson County’s Book Nook, at the Freeport Lincoln Mall, 1255 W Galena Avenue.
All proceeds from the sale will go to Voices, which is a non-profit that provides free services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and sexual assault.
Shoppers can find used books, DVDs, records and puzzles at the sale, all donated by the community.
“It’s just nice, because the customers come in. The customers are excited because they’re getting good to books to read,” said store manager Diane Leverton. “Most of the people that come around are regular customers and most of them know what we stand for. So, a lot of them support us because of the cause itself.”
The sale runs through Saturday, November 9th.
- Rockford area tournament basketball results for Monday, February 24
- Eastland Cougars roar at the Streamwood Super-Sectional, headed back to State
- Winter Storm Watch Canceled for Remainder of the Stateline
- Blackhawks part with goaltender Lehner in three-team deal
- Winnebago County in need of election judges