FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Stateline area bookworms have the chance to grab their next good read and help a good cause at the Voices of Stephenson County “Fall Used Book Sale.”
The sale is taking place at the Voices of Stephenson County’s Book Nook, at the Freeport Lincoln Mall, 1255 W Galena Avenue.
All proceeds from the sale will go to Voices, which is a non-profit that provides free services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual abuse, and sexual assault.
Shoppers can find used books, DVDs, records and puzzles at the sale, all donated by the community.
“It’s just nice, because the customers come in. The customers are excited because they’re getting good to books to read,” said store manager Diane Leverton. “Most of the people that come around are regular customers and most of them know what we stand for. So, a lot of them support us because of the cause itself.”
The sale runs through Saturday, November 9th.
- Local students are able to see if they have what it takes to protect and serve
- Belvidere has a piece of community history back in town
- Byron High School Food Pantry receives donation to help low income students
- Freeport Police need help identifying man who stole from a gas station
- Turkey stalks mail carrier in Wisconsin