BELOIT, Wis. (WTVO) — Wanted fugitive Anthony Gibson, 35, was arrested early Monday morning for a Friday night shooting, according to Beloit Police.
On Friday, March 27th, 2020, police say Gibson is suspected of firing shots in the 1800 block of Madison Road.
A police officer spotted Gibson in the 500 block of Shirland Avenue just before 12:30 a.m. Monday morning.
Beloit Police, along with South Beloit Police and the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office took Gibson in to custody.
He was charged with being a Felon in Possession of a Firearm and Recklessly Endangering Safety.
Gibson was also wanted for bail jumping, as he also faces attempted murder charges for allegedly shooting a 32-year-old Janesville man in June 2017.
- Blackhawks stun Oilers; advance to Western Conference Q-finals
- More protesters arrested in downtown Rockford as City Market returns after two weeks away
- Protesters arrested after blocking E. State again, despite warnings
- Kanye West falls 1,300 signatures short to appear on Illinois ballot
- Southwest Airlines no longer cleaning armrests, seat belts between flights