ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A fundraiser has been set up following the death of Winnebago County Deputy Chief Donald Gasparini, Jr.
Gasparini’s sister-in-law started a GoFundMe account, saying the money will go to support the deputy chief’s children and their future educational expenses.
So far, $2,500 has been raised. The family is hoping for $10,000.
Gasparini passed away unexpectedly on Sunday.
- Rockford police investigate overnight shooting
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night