Fundraiser started for victims of Freeport house fire

Local News

Photo: Freeport Fire Department

FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — A GoFundMe has been started to help raise funds for a father and daughter in Freeport who lost everything in a house fire on Monday.

The fire, in the 400 block of S. Kenwood, happened around 12:05 a.m. No one was home, but several cats died in the fire.

Firefighters say the blaze was caused by a space heater.

“So please whether you can help a little or even a lot of simply just keep sharing this post and help me to help them thats [sic] all that they need,” wrote Abeela Brown, who started the fundraiser.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Trending Stories