ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — If pushing your boss over the edge of an eight story building – or rappelling down it yourself – sounds like a good time, SupplyCore has got the perfect event for you.
Any team that raises at least $1,000 for the Girl Scouts can toss their boss, coach, or teacher over the edge of the company’s building in downtown Rockford, at 303 N Main Street.
There’s a catch, of course.
If the person going over the edge matches contributions of the team, they can choose someone else to go in their place.
Fiona Cummings, CEO of Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois, explained, “We also provide girls with financial assistance to be part of troops, which is the classic girl scout experience, where leaders take their girls to things they’ve chosen to do. They can choose to do badge work, they can go to our camps.”
The “Over the Edge” event will be held on May 30th, 2020.
To get involved, visit girlscoutsni.org/ote
- Huskies second half rally helps secure win at Eastern Illinois
- Rockford hospitals get green light to give new treatment to COVID-19 patients
- Winnebago County Sheriff hosts ‘Fill the Bus’ gift drive on Saturday
- Building trades organization opposes closure of Byron nuclear plant
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications