LENA, Ill. (WTVO) — The Realtor Association of Northwestern Illinois made a donation to help display an Air Force fighter jet in Lena.
The F-4 Memorial Jet Committee received $500 from the association on Tuesday, bringing the organizers closer to a $150,000 goal to make a fighter jet the centerpiece of a veterans’ memorial.
Terry Yount, president of the Northwestern Illinois F-4 Jet Memorial Project said, “Most people who have joined the organization over the past couple of years have an affinity for the F-4. It was a versatile aircraft they used in practically any situation that was called for, and we all just have some connection with it.”
Organizers hope to start work on the memorial in the Spring.
- Local police share ‘porch pirate’ prevention tips
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Bears’ five-game losing streak weighing on Matt Nagy
- Hononegah’s King named to Big East Honor Roll at Marquette