LENA, Ill. (WTVO) — The Realtor Association of Northwestern Illinois made a donation to help display an Air Force fighter jet in Lena.
The F-4 Memorial Jet Committee received $500 from the association on Tuesday, bringing the organizers closer to a $150,000 goal to make a fighter jet the centerpiece of a veterans’ memorial.
Terry Yount, president of the Northwestern Illinois F-4 Jet Memorial Project said, “Most people who have joined the organization over the past couple of years have an affinity for the F-4. It was a versatile aircraft they used in practically any situation that was called for, and we all just have some connection with it.”
Organizers hope to start work on the memorial in the Spring.
- Perfectly Impossible; Gymnasts wrestle with the imperfect
- In Olympic first, men, women swim together in wild medley
- Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson-Herah breaks Flo-Jo’s 33-year record at Tokyo Olympics
- ‘For me, the war is over’: Veteran meets daughter he left behind in Vietnam 50 years ago
- Mississippi man encourages others to get vaccinated after losing leg to COVID-19