ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Hard Rock International, which hopes to open a casino in Rockford, released a floorplan of a proposed temporary casino inside Giovanni’s restaurant, which the company says could be open 90 days after the Illinois Gaming Board grants a casino license.
Giovanni’s located at 610 N. Bell School Road.
The temporary casino would house over 700 slot machines.
Rockford City Council voted to send only Hard Rock’s casino proposal to the Illinois Gaming Board for approval.
The Hard Rock Casino would be built on the site of the former Clock Tower Resort at 7801 East State Street.
The City had received competing proposals from the downtown Rock River West Casino Group and the Riverside-located Forest City Casino entertainment complex.
- Anchor Whitney Martin returns to Rockford, joins Eyewitness News team
- Dementia care workers accused of running fight club in living facility
- Family seeks answers after police kill Texas woman at home
- Teens arrested after log goes off cliff, kills photographer while taking senior pictures
- 10-year-old dies after being flung from festival ride