ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Dan Lund, a Harlem High School graduate, plays a huge role in the film Frozen 2.
He’s the effects designer for the film.
Frozen 2 sets the record for biggest global opening for an animated film, making $350 million worldwide.
Five Disney films have made more than $1 billion at the box office this year. After this weekend, it looks like “Frozen 2” is on its way to becoming the company’s sixth.
Lund has been with Disney since 1989. Around the time he started working on the Oscar nominated film “Beauty and the Beast.” Lund has had his hands in a lot of films, The Lion King, Aladdin, Pochahontas, Mulan, Moana the list goes on.
Lund is also a part of the film Coaster, which is also getting some Oscar attention.
- Harvey Weinstein found guilty in landmark #MeToo moment
- Blue Man Group coming to Rockford in 2020
- Katherine Johnson, one of NASA Langley’s ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Local referee Jerry Whitney approaching 5,000 games
- Two men arrested for Ogle County shooting