MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Each year, with help from the community, the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department provides more than 30 recipients with presents, clothing, and a Christmas feast.
This year, the department is changing up the tradition a bit.
Each person or group that wants to donate will pick an item from a list to donate.
That’s to make sure there isn’t too much of one item.
The department asks residents to get in touch with a donation coordinator beforehand, at 815-623-7867, Monday thru Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Donations accepted include:
Cereal,Noodles/Pasta ,Rice, Velveeta Cheese, Crackers, Popcorn, Fruit Snacks, Juice Boxes, Mac/Cheese Stuffing, Boxed Soup, Jello/Pudding, Nuts/Raisins, Food Bars Boxed Potato, Biscuit/Bread Mixes ,Chips ,Pancake Mix Syrup, Mayo/Ketchup/Dressing,Single Serve Fruit/Applesauce etc, or other Boxed or Bagged Food Product.
Donations can be dropped of at any of the three Harlem-Roscoe Fire Stations before Friday, December 13th.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’