ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Homeowners in the Harlem School District could see some property tax relief, due to a state grant.
The Illinois Property Tax Relief Grant allows certain school districts to cut property taxes and replace revenue with state funds.
Schools with some of the highest tax rates are eligible, consisting of 40 school districts in the state, including Durand and Harlem.
The grant is worth a total of more than $53 million.
- Wisconsin closes 40 state parks, recreational areas
- Husband of woman who invited teen to Thanksgiving after accidental text dies of COVID-19
- ‘Full House’ cast recreates opening as ‘Full Quarantine’
- LISTEN: 31 people virtually sing ‘It is Well with My Soul’
- Record 16.6 million have sought US jobless aid since virus