ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Homeowners in the Harlem School District could see some property tax relief, due to a state grant.
The Illinois Property Tax Relief Grant allows certain school districts to cut property taxes and replace revenue with state funds.
Schools with some of the highest tax rates are eligible, consisting of 40 school districts in the state, including Durand and Harlem.
The grant is worth a total of more than $53 million.
- APD: Couple shoots 3, kills 2 after attempted home invasion
- Indoor Relative Humidity: Keeping You Comfortable
- IceHogs to pay tribute to a previous Stateline hockey team on Jersey Auction Night
- Rockford man faces numerous weapon charges after six hour standoff
- Former State Representative still making impact in retirement