ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Less than a year after it opened, Harold’s Chicken Shack has closed and a new pizza restaurant will be opening in its place.
Harold’s Chicken Shack opened in May at 109 N. Showplace Drive, across from the AMC Showplace 16 movie theater.
The first Harold’s opened in Chicago in 1950.
La Piazza, a pizza parlor, is set to move into the location.
- Scattered showers continue into Wednesday
- 9 charged after McCloskey confrontation won’t be prosecuted
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Local expert, undecided voters weigh in on impact of first presidential debate