MCHENRY COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — A 43-year-old Harvard man was killed in a motorcycle accident in McHenry County Wednesday night.
The McHenry County Sheriff’s Office says that at about 7:39 p.m. they were called to the intersection of Hancock Drive and East Lake Shore Drive in Wonder Lake.
Investigators said a 2001 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail was traveling westbound on Hancock when the driver lost control of the vehicle and struck and unpaved median in the center of the road.
The driver — who was not wearing a helmet, according to the Sheriff’s Office — was thrown from the bike and killed.
The victim’s name has not yet been released.
- IDPH reports 2,441 new cases of COVID-19, 25 more deaths
- Belvidere North runners Lenzen, Elder top finishers at Jefferson meet
- Man who allegedly killed 17-year-old at California high school captured in Centerville, Utah
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic