ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Several high ranking officials in the Rockford Police Department are moving on.
A ceremony was held Thursday for four people, including Deputy Chief John Pozzi and Assistant Deputy Chief Andre Brass, who are now officially retired from law enforcement.
The event also honored officers getting promotions within the department.
Family, friends and fellow officers were all on hand to celebrate.
Rockford Police Chief Dan O’Shea explained the importance of promotions, which he says helps maintain stability within the department.
“It’s great to have people you can rely on and you can trust,” O’Shea said. “You know people who make good decisions and that’s right here at the Rockford Police Department. People make good decisions. They’re here for the community which just supports the whole mission of the Chief of Police.”
In total, eight officers were promoted.
- Mercyhealth receives approval to close in-patient mental health services at Rockton campus
- Habitat for Humanity annual pasta dinner goes curbside
- Beloit hero receives national recognition for saving woman, kids from burning home
- Poplar Grove releases trick-or-treating hours for Halloween
- ‘Tell my mom I love her’: Graphic body camera video shows police officer shooting 13-year-old boy with autism