FREEPORT, Ill. (WTVO) — Highland Community College hosted its annual “Festival of Giving” toy drive on Friday.
The college collected donations of toys and raised money through an auction, which includes tools, TVs and iPods as prizes.
Organizers say they’re trying to get enough toys to give to 600 kids in Freeport.
All donations go to the Salvation Army.
“This is my absolute favorite day of the year. It is so warm and cozy feeling to know that our community has come together. We’ve had so many businesses right here in Freeport and Monroe and the surrounding areas donate items for our auction,” said Alicia Kepner, who works as a Nursing and Allied Health Coordinator.
Friday was the 7th annual Festival of Giving toy drive.
- Higher Probability for Above Average Temperatures During the Month of April
- How local jails are protecting staff and inmates
- Belvidere crash sends two people to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries
- Illinois Bank and Trust suspending fees on credit cards, loan payments
- 90 year-old woman with coronavirus dies after telling doctors to save ventilator for younger patients