ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford’s Hoffman House Restaurant is temporarily closing due to the continued coronavirus pandemic.
The restaurant posted signage on its doors that read, “Due to these challenging times of staff shortages and reduced business, Hoffman House is temporarily closing its doors.”
“We have been following all of the ever changing rules and the fear perception instilled in people for indoor dining has not helped. Also not having the ability to do over 50 person events is difficult. We also do not have the space for outdoor dining and others that do will have challenges themselves as it gets colder,” said Hoffman House owner, Michael Prosser.
The Scoreboard Sports Bar is remaining open for lunch and dinner.
“The Scoreboard Sports Bar inside will still be open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and we will still be doing Hoffman House Banquets and Catering,” Prosser said.
There is no date at this time as to when the dining room will re-open.
Hoffman House and Scoreboard are located within the Holiday Inn at 7550 E State St.
- Employers planning for big raises in 2022, survey finds
- President Joe Biden to hold first news conference of 2022
- These are the best bedding sales from Wayfair, Kohl’s and Home Depot this January
- Pack Those Layers! Temperatures Tumble into the Second Half of the Work Week
- White House to make 400 million N95 masks available for free