ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford’s Hoffman House Restaurant is temporarily closing due to the continued coronavirus pandemic.
The restaurant posted signage on its doors that read, “Due to these challenging times of staff shortages and reduced business, Hoffman House is temporarily closing its doors.”
“We have been following all of the ever changing rules and the fear perception instilled in people for indoor dining has not helped. Also not having the ability to do over 50 person events is difficult. We also do not have the space for outdoor dining and others that do will have challenges themselves as it gets colder,” said Hoffman House owner, Michael Prosser.
The Scoreboard Sports Bar is remaining open for lunch and dinner.
“The Scoreboard Sports Bar inside will still be open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner and we will still be doing Hoffman House Banquets and Catering,” Prosser said.
There is no date at this time as to when the dining room will re-open.
Hoffman House and Scoreboard are located within the Holiday Inn at 7550 E State St.
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Fire crews extinguish apartment fire early Monday morning
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20