ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Hoffman House will be selling its fried bread on Wednesday to help local non-profits.
Some of the proceeds will go to the United Way of Rock River Valley’s COVID-19 Emerging Needs Fund.
The fried bread will be available at 7550 E State St from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $10.
The bread will only be available for curbside pick up.
The United Way has already given out one round of grants.
Some of the beneficiaries include the YMCA of Rock River Valley, which received $2,600 to help provide healthcare for first responders, health care workers, and other essential employees.
The Rockford Rescue Mission also benefited, receiving $10,000 to purchase new, germ-resistant mattresses.
- Scattered showers continue Thursday evening
- Rockford homeless shelter founder retires
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- Circuit Court Judge rules in favor of the IHSA