ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Hoffman House will be selling its fried bread on Wednesday to help local non-profits.
Some of the proceeds will go to the United Way of Rock River Valley’s COVID-19 Emerging Needs Fund.
The fried bread will be available at 7550 E State St from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for $10.
The bread will only be available for curbside pick up.
The United Way has already given out one round of grants.
Some of the beneficiaries include the YMCA of Rock River Valley, which received $2,600 to help provide healthcare for first responders, health care workers, and other essential employees.
The Rockford Rescue Mission also benefited, receiving $10,000 to purchase new, germ-resistant mattresses.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander