ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police are searching for three suspects involved in a violent home invasion Tuesday night.
According to police, the suspects forced their way into a home in the 2200 block of 7th Avenue around 9:45 p.m., forced the two adult victims into a bedroom and placed them on the floor at gunpoint. Police say one of the victims said he was pistol-whipped by one of the suspects.
The robbers then took various keys, bank cards and and employee identification badge, police said.
The victims described two of the suspects as black males, in their mid-20’s, both around 5’10, and with thin builds. The third suspect was of an unknown race, approximately 6′, 230 lbs, police said.
- IceHogs ready to speed into their season while navigating COVID protocols
- Kenny Strawbridge’s heroic hoop leads to conference award
- Pot taxes to fund violence prevention, prisoner re-entry programs
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- One month after Don Carter Lanes shooting, 14-year-old survivor hopes to use his story to help others