DURAND, Ill. (WTVO) — A member of Hoo Haven, Durand’s animal sanctuary, helped rescue a coyote which got tangled in a truck bumper on Sunday.
According to a Facebook post, the Whiteside County Sheriff’s Department contacted Donald Czyzyk, a Hoo Haven Board Member, after hitting the coyote.
Czyzyk took about 10 minutes to get the coyote unstuck from the car.
Hoo Haven says the animal is alert but heavily guarded during its recovery.
Hoo Haven is located at 10823 Cleveland Road in Durand.
- Craigslist ad goes viral, sparks search for ‘Grandma’ in need of family for Christmas
- Remembering Sandy Hook victims 7 years later
- Two state workers involved in A.J. Freund case no longer work for DCFS
- Woman killed crossing Illinois interstate to reach family
- Woman arrested in Roscoe for sexual abuse to a minor