DURAND, Ill. (WTVO) — A member of Hoo Haven, Durand’s animal sanctuary, helped rescue a coyote which got tangled in a truck bumper on Sunday.
According to a Facebook post, the Whiteside County Sheriff’s Department contacted Donald Czyzyk, a Hoo Haven Board Member, after hitting the coyote.
Czyzyk took about 10 minutes to get the coyote unstuck from the car.
Hoo Haven says the animal is alert but heavily guarded during its recovery.
Hoo Haven is located at 10823 Cleveland Road in Durand.
- LIVE: Multiple crews respond, two in critical condition after home explosion on Rockford’s south side
- Scattered showers continue into Wednesday
- 9 charged after McCloskey confrontation won’t be prosecuted
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate