ROCHELLE, Ill. (WTVO) — Hundreds of Chevrolet Corvettes stopped at the Petro Travel Center in Rochelle on Tuesday morning as they make their way to join thousands more at Bowling Green, Kentucky’s National Corvette Museum.
The Sixth National Corvette Caravan consists of 20 percent of all Corvettes in the United States. The North Central Region Caravan started at the Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells and includes over 760 Corvettes from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Alaska and San Diego, California.
The caravan will continue to Bloomington, Illinois and then Effingham, Illinois, and will arrive in Bowling Green on Wednesday.
The celebration will consist of three days of events including a kick off firework show and concert by Jefferson Starship on Thursday, August 29th.
- Stateline saxophone great gives musical Memorial Day tribute
- Evening car fire sends local firefighters into action
- Statewide ‘Recall Pritzker’ petition stops in Freeport
- Local veterans recognize Memorial Day in downtown Rockford
- Catholic churches prepare for massive changes upon re-opening doors