ROCHELLE, Ill. (WTVO) — Hundreds of Chevrolet Corvettes stopped at the Petro Travel Center in Rochelle on Tuesday morning as they make their way to join thousands more at Bowling Green, Kentucky’s National Corvette Museum.
The Sixth National Corvette Caravan consists of 20 percent of all Corvettes in the United States. The North Central Region Caravan started at the Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells and includes over 760 Corvettes from Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, Nebraska, Colorado, Iowa, Alaska and San Diego, California.
The caravan will continue to Bloomington, Illinois and then Effingham, Illinois, and will arrive in Bowling Green on Wednesday.
The celebration will consist of three days of events including a kick off firework show and concert by Jefferson Starship on Thursday, August 29th.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.