MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — Two Beloit men wanted for felony charges were arrested Wednesday afternoon after a high speed chase through Beloit and onto I-90.
The City of Beloit Police Department said they received an anonymous tip that Stephan Ross-Traylor, 23, and Keanthony Spence, 25, were spotted in a vehicle near St. Lawrence Avenue and Moore Street around 3:30 p.m.
Officers began pursuit of the pair at Shirland and Townline Avenues when Spence, who was driving, “exhibited extremely reckless behavior” and led police through downtown Beloit and on to the interstate.
Beloit, Machesney Park, Winnebago, Roscoe, South Beloit, the Illinois State Police and Loves Park Police all joined in the apprehension of the two men once the car came to a stop on I-90 at the 173 exit.
Both men attempted to flee on foot, police said, and were arrested and taken to the Winnebago County Jail.
Spence was charged with Aggravated Fleeing to Elude and Aggravated Fleeing.
Ross-Traylor was wanted on an arrest warrant out of Rock County for Receiving Stolen Property, Bail Jumping, Possession of Drugs, Carry a Concealed Weapon, Resisting an Officer, Escape from Criminal Arrest, and Theft.
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Rockford Police arrest man for alleged violent abuse of a child
- Border wall construction goes on in spite of Biden mandate to stop it
- Congresswoman says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Realtors support plan to repair Rockford roads by extending 1% sales tax