ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The IHSA Girls Bowling State Finals will take place at the Cherry Bowl in Rockford next weekend, and the sporting event is expected to bring in about $100,000 to the local economy.
Five hundred players, coaches and fans, including 24 teams and 30 individual competitors, are expected to attend.
“It’s so rewarding to see what a youth bowler becomes and gets to this level,” said State Tournament Director Ann Buja. “It’s so exciting. This year we have a lot of new bowlers and teams here that have never been here before, so I expect a lot of new excitement from that group. You never know what’s going to happen at this tournament.”
The IHSA Girls Bowling State Finals have been held in Rockford for nearly three decades.
- Cardboard cutouts pose as guests for wedding amid COVID-19
- ‘I’m ready to save grown-ups’: Lurie Children’s Hospital loans ventilators
- Coronavirus forces Ohio dairy farmers to dump milk while grocers limit purchase quantities
- Car flips and catches fire in downtown Rockford
- New data shows peoples’ cell phone habits are changing