CHICAGO (AP) – Illinois health authorities reported 2,806 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, one day after a recently discovered backlog of tests added more than 5,000 cases to the statewide totals.
An additional 23 deaths linked to COVID-19 also were reported Saturday. Illinois has reported 248,177 cases and 8,166 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
About 96% of people have recovered. The state data showed health authorities received lab results for a total of 61,935 tests during the past 24 hours.
On Friday, state health officials said the backlog included two days worth of test results from Tuesday through Thursday.
- Michigan father angry, moves schools after teacher cuts biracial daughter’s hair
- Rattlesnake bites California man who tried to pick it up with BBQ tongs
- ICU bed availability remains low in Region 1
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect
- Biden administration reportedly considering to cut cigarette nicotine and ban menthols
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.