CHICAGO (AP) – Illinois health authorities reported 2,806 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, one day after a recently discovered backlog of tests added more than 5,000 cases to the statewide totals.
An additional 23 deaths linked to COVID-19 also were reported Saturday. Illinois has reported 248,177 cases and 8,166 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
About 96% of people have recovered. The state data showed health authorities received lab results for a total of 61,935 tests during the past 24 hours.
On Friday, state health officials said the backlog included two days worth of test results from Tuesday through Thursday.
- Bears promote Desai to defensive coordinator
- Winning numbers drawn Friday night for $1B Mega Millions prize
- Rockford Police investigate after one person is shot Friday night
- My Take: Championship Sunday picks & enamored with Hammerin’ Hank
- NFC Championship preview: Rodgers vs. Brady will steal the show
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.