SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois Attorney General Kwame Raoul has filed a lawsuit against several pharmaceutical companies, claiming they contributed to the American opioid crisis.
Raoul claims the businesses carried out “unfair and deceptive” marketing campaigns, contributing to the crisis.
The lawsuit names Johnson and Johnson, Teva, Allergan, Endo, and several distributors.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nearly 18,000 people in Illinois died from opioid overdoses from 1997 to 2017.
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere