SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health today announced 883 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Illinois, including 6 additional confirmed deaths.
- Cook County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 80s
- Montgomery County: 1 male 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 154,799 cases, including 7,193 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 30,012 specimens for a total of 2,012,994. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 6 –July 12 is 3.0%. As of last night, 1,362 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 334 patients were in the ICU and 136 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon has been cancelled due to health concerns for runners, spectators, volunteers and others during the coronavirus pandemic, organizers announced Monday.
Marathon organizers and city officials cited the challenge of staging the large-scale Oct. 11 event while COVID-19 endures.
- The Big Ten sets a new nine-game football schedule for teams in 2020
- ‘Let us play!’: Illinois prep players rally for fall sports
- Two people injured after crash near N. Alpine and Pepper Drive
- A strike by hundreds of nurses ended Saturday at University of Illinois Hospital in Chicago.
- Trump’s list of possible Supreme Court nominees