SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois State Board of Education released their Fall 2020 learning recommendations on Thursday, and while they agree in-person learning is the goal, they admit it may be the safest or most feasible option.
The board strongly encourages in-person learning for kids under 13, but if schools are doing mostly online classes, they recommend that school districts provide at least 2 1/2 hours of learning with real-time instruction and interaction between students and teachers.
Read the entire report here.
- LIVE: Gov. Pritzker holds daily Illinois coronavirus briefing for Friday, December 4th
- LIVE: Biden to address November jobs report
- Veteran broadcaster Len Kasper leaving Cubs for White Sox radio play-by-play
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Second arrest made in car-to-car shooting incident, assault-style rifle recovered