LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. (WGN) — Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville has temporarily paused vaccinations after four employees experienced reactions.
Since Thursday, four employees at Advocate Condell Medical Center experienced reactions shortly after vaccination, with symptoms including tingling and elevated heartrate.
Advocate Aurora Health said the employees represent .15% of roughly 3,000 employees who have been vaccinated.
“Out of an abundance of caution, we are temporarily pausing vaccinations at Condell, which will allow us time to better understand what may have caused these reactions. We have eight other vaccination locations in Illinois and three in Wisconsin and are continuing at those sites as planned with no disruption,” Advocate Aurora Health said in a statement.
At this time, three employees are home and doing well and one is receiving additional treatment.
We will update this story once more information becomes available.
- Packers dominate second half, knock off the Lions
- Illinois schools, hospitals begin vaccine mandate with Covid-19 testing option
- Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
- 27 days since last seen: Bloomington Police seek public’s help locating missing ISU student
- Homeland Security Secretary in Del Rio, Texas: ‘Our borders are not open’