SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois has launched a mental health hotline called Call 4 Calm, to help people get through the anxiety of COVID-19 isolation.
Residents can text “Talk” to 55-20-20 to speak with a mental health professional.
Health experts say they’ve seen an increase in depression and anxiety since the pandemic began.
The hotline is free and available 24/7.
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Some Winnebago County absentee ballots rejected due to voter mistakes
- Sinnissippi Park gets spooky with 2nd annual ‘Festival of Frights’
- Loves Park officials seek input on N. 2nd Street improvements