OAK PARK, Ill. (WGN) — A lawmaker is backtracking on her proposal that would make it illegal to pump your own gas in Illinois.
Rep. Camille Lilly (D-Oak Park) introduced the Gas Station Attendant Act.
Lilly now says the bill was meant to start a discussion on convenience and safety issues at the gas pump, and not to ban self-service, the Chicago Tribune reports.
“This is not a bill I would move forward to make pumping your own gas illegal. That was never the intent,” she said.
The bill is still being reviewed by the rules committee.
- Supreme Court expected to rule on Trump’s tax records today
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera missing, presumed dead after 4-year-old son found adrift on boat in Southern California lake
- As other states’ COVID-19 cases spike health experts say Illinois’ future is in your hands
- Rockford Police Department looks to achieve top tier status in accreditation assessment
- Rockford Discovery Center re-opens with reduced capacity