SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — State lawmakers have passed a bill that would ban the sale of flavored e-cigarettes.
The bill passed out of a Senate subcommittee yesterday, and still needs to make it through the full Senate, House before approval by Gov. J.B. Pritzker.
Supporters of the bill say it would help to prevent children from vaping.
Vape shop owners have strongly opposed the bill, saying it would effectively kill their business by taking most of their products off the shelves.
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s
- Chicago Bears give $4,000 to Harlem’s athletic program
- Rockford park gets financial boost from State of Illinois
- Church volunteers donate bags of free winter clothing for the homeless
- Rockford Police Officer to move in to city’s 3rd neighborhood house