SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — In August, Illinois’ legal cannabis industry scored its most lucrative month of sales so far, netting over $63 million.
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation released sales figures on Tuesday, showing that $46 million was generated by in-state resident sales, with $17 million in sales to out-of-state residents.
Sales of legal marijuana have been growing since the drug was legalized in January. In it’s first month alone, cannabis sellers saw $39 million in sales.
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Rockford Park District explains changes in new proposal