(WTVO) — Since the Illinois Lottery re-opened its doors on July 1st, officials say they have processed over 1,300 claims. Now they are closing back while an unprecedented ‘significant backlog’ wait for their unclaimed prizes.
All lottery services centers are closing due to concerns as warm temperatures might prevent social distancing. Winners can claim their prize by mail instead.
“We anticipated a high volume of players and long wait times but in order to maintain proper social distancing in the centers many of those players had to wait a long time outside or in their cars.” said Illinois Lottery Acting Director Harold Mays.
For instructions on claiming a prize via mail, click here.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”