DIXON, Ill. (WTVO) — Police from several Illinois agencies are actively looking for a 34-year-old suspect who struck a squad car in Dixon and then fled on foot.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, officers from Dixon Police, Illinois State Police, Lee County, Ogle County and Amboy were involved in a chase that originated in Rock Falls.
Police say Donald Powell, described as a 34-year-old black male, 135 lbs, with long dreadlocks, wearing a black hoodie with pink writing, and a tattoo on his left arm, struck a police car in the area of Progress Drive and Dutch Road before escaping custody.
Powell currently has an active warrant for his arrest out of Indiana.
Police spent Friday searching four townships with the use of drones and K-9’s, and say Powell may have made his way to a nearby roadway and gained some form of transportation.
Police say Powell is armed and dangerous and may be injured from the crash. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the Lee County Sheriff’s Office at 815-284-6631.
- Wisconsin man arrested after fatal car crash in Milton
- Vehicle crash on intersection of Alpine and State; traffic lights out
- Illinois State Trooper charged in connection with alleged scheme to sell stolen military equipment
- 72nd Emmy Awards: The Winners
- Dakota High School moves to remote learning for two weeks after student tests positive for COVID-19