SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois State Police says it issued more than 6,300 tickets to drivers violating the “Move Over” law in 2019.
On Sunday, troopers announced “Operation Lambert”, a special enforcement that began Sunday and runs through this Saturday, aimed at raising awareness for Scott’s Law.
Trooper Christopher Lambert died last year while investigating a crash in suburban Chicago, when he was hit by another driver.
There were ten accidents involving Illinois State Troopers in 2019.
- Big Cooldown to Follow Warm Stretch
- House catches fire from nearby fire pit
- Local organization spends Saturday fixing up YMCA
- Stateline bikers raise money for grieving family
- E-Rabs nab victory in District 205 Cup