SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – Illinois health officials reported 10,012 new cases of COVID-19 Sunday and 76 additional deaths.
It marks the fourth-straight day of cases over 10,000 as Tier 3 mitigations began Friday.
There is now a total of 656,298 cases since the pandemic began and 11,506 total deaths.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 92,437 specimens for a total 9,801,419.
As of Saturday night, 6,072 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 1,179 patients were in the ICU and 589 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Nov. 15 – Nov. 21 is 13%.
On Saturday, 11,891 new cases and 126 deaths were announced.
- Wrong-way driver hits pedestrian, tried to hit NYSP trooper
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Illinois officials announce 7,873 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday, 108 additional deaths
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests