SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 1,466 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 20 additional confirmed deaths.
• Christian County: 1 male 90s
• Cook County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
• DuPage County: 1 female 80s
• Jasper County: 1 male 70s
• Jersey County: 1 female 90s
• Kane County: 1 female 80s
• Kankakee County: 1 male 70s
• Macon County: 1 male 80s
• Madison County: 1 male 70s
• Ogle County: 1 female 70s
• Peoria County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 90s
• Randolph County: 1 male 80s
• Rock Island County: 1 female 80s
• Stark County: 1 female 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 264,210 cases, including 8,332 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 8 – September 14 is 3.6%.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 39,031 specimens for a total of 4,810,827. As of last night, 1,584 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 373 patients were in the ICU and 144 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Which face masks are most effective?
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Rockford Park District explains changes in new proposal