SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 1,477 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 7 additional confirmed deaths.
• Cook County: 1 male 50s, 2 females 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s
• Ford County: 1 male 60s
• Macon County: 1 female 80s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 275,735 cases, including 8,457 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 14 – September 20 is 3.5%. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 38,234 specimens for a total of 5,143,387. As of last night, 1,436 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 364 patients were in the ICU and 153 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Oregon High School seniors raise money for arts program by showcasing local talent
- ‘There was so much hope when this started’ | Potshot over pot shops
- Alma Wahlberg, mother of Mark, Donnie Wahlberg, dies at 78
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- More than 8 million COVID-19 vaccines administered in Illinois