SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois Department of Public Health today announced 980 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in Illinois, including 36 additional confirmed deaths.
- Champaign County: 2 males 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 2 males 50s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 4 males 70s, 2 females 80s, 2 males 80s
- DuPage County: 1 female 60s, 1 female 80s 1 male 80s
- Kane County: 2 males 70s, 2 females 80s
- Lake County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s
- McHenry County: 2 females 70s
- McLean County: 1 female 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 30s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 2 males 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 149,432 cases, including 7,099 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 32,742 specimens for a total of 1,842,576.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from July 1 –July 7 is 2.6%. As of last night, 1,518 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 331 patients were in the ICU and 151 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Blackhawks stun Oilers; advance to Western Conference Q-finals
- More protesters arrested in downtown Rockford as City Market returns after two weeks away
- Protesters arrested after blocking E. State again, despite warnings
- Kanye West falls 1,300 signatures short to appear on Illinois ballot
- Southwest Airlines no longer cleaning armrests, seat belts between flights