SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois State Fair Grandstand brought in nearly $2.2 million this year, besting a $2.08 million record set in 2016.
More than 63,000 tickets were sold to nine shows, including Dan and Shay, Snoop Dogg and Reba McIntyre.
Around $170,000 was spent at the Governor’s Sale of Champions, in which the Grand Champion steer bested last year’s price of $15,000, selling for $75,000.
The fair manager credits lowering admission costs during the week for making it more affordable to people to visit the fair.
- Rockford woman sentenced to federal prison for selling firearms to a felon
- Apple’s new Mac Pro will be made in Austin, not China
- US soldier charged with planning to bomb American news network, attack Antifa
- Police corner spotted cows at home of Spotted Cow beer
- Rockford man arrested for home invasion, beating woman