WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — If your dream is to become an Illinois State Trooper, now’s your chance to apply.
Job seekers got a chance to speak with current law enforcement officers at an information session Wednesday in Freeport.
Starting in January, applicants will only need an Associate’s Degree to become a State Trooper.
Special Agent and Recruitment Specialist Bethe Hughes said she expects the new requirements to increase the pool of candidates.
“Actually, I’ve talked with recruitment specialists from other states, and those that use the Associate’s [Degree only] find that they have a wider pool of people to choose from, and the diversity of people that they can get, actually, is raised,” she said.
The organization hopes to have 2,200 troopers by 2022, which would coincide with the Illinois State Police’s 100th anniversary.
Interested candidates can apply here.
- Blind, deaf poodle scooped up by hawk finds her way back home 28 hours later
- Loved ones say goodbye to Milwaukee family found dead after Amber Alert
- Local police warn about new phone scams
- Several local wrestlers leave Champaign as state champs
- Storm System to Follow Weekend Warmup