WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — If your dream is to become an Illinois State Trooper, now’s your chance to apply.
Job seekers got a chance to speak with current law enforcement officers at an information session Wednesday in Freeport.
Starting in January, applicants will only need an Associate’s Degree to become a State Trooper.
Special Agent and Recruitment Specialist Bethe Hughes said she expects the new requirements to increase the pool of candidates.
“Actually, I’ve talked with recruitment specialists from other states, and those that use the Associate’s [Degree only] find that they have a wider pool of people to choose from, and the diversity of people that they can get, actually, is raised,” she said.
The organization hopes to have 2,200 troopers by 2022, which would coincide with the Illinois State Police’s 100th anniversary.
Interested candidates can apply here.
- Rockford area basketball scores for Tuesday, December 7
- ‘She was upset with her order’: Woman charged for allegedly firing gun in Wendy’s drive-thru
- COVID-19 deaths rising in Illinois
- Rockford Park District approves 2022 budget and tax levy
- Rockford organizations unite to minimize impact of pandemic on area kids