WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — If your dream is to become an Illinois State Trooper, now’s your chance to apply.
Job seekers got a chance to speak with current law enforcement officers at an information session Wednesday in Freeport.
Starting in January, applicants will only need an Associate’s Degree to become a State Trooper.
Special Agent and Recruitment Specialist Bethe Hughes said she expects the new requirements to increase the pool of candidates.
“Actually, I’ve talked with recruitment specialists from other states, and those that use the Associate’s [Degree only] find that they have a wider pool of people to choose from, and the diversity of people that they can get, actually, is raised,” she said.
The organization hopes to have 2,200 troopers by 2022, which would coincide with the Illinois State Police’s 100th anniversary.
Interested candidates can apply here.
- States learning how many Afghan evacuees coming their way
- Gabby Petito case: What we know about the 22-year-old’s disappearance
- ‘Full of bad spirits’: Man accused of throwing girl off balcony believed she was a demon, police say
- Proposal to close ‘tax gap’ could give IRS more information about your bank account
- “Countdown” September 15, 2021