WINNEBAGO, Ill. (WTVO) — If your dream is to become an Illinois State Trooper, now’s your chance to apply.
Job seekers got a chance to speak with current law enforcement officers at an information session Wednesday in Freeport.
Starting in January, applicants will only need an Associate’s Degree to become a State Trooper.
Special Agent and Recruitment Specialist Bethe Hughes said she expects the new requirements to increase the pool of candidates.
“Actually, I’ve talked with recruitment specialists from other states, and those that use the Associate’s [Degree only] find that they have a wider pool of people to choose from, and the diversity of people that they can get, actually, is raised,” she said.
The organization hopes to have 2,200 troopers by 2022, which would coincide with the Illinois State Police’s 100th anniversary.
Interested candidates can apply here.
- Former Crusader James Robinson helps ISU to victory over Northern Arizona, their third straight win
- Pineiro questionable for Bears MNF game
- Chicago reassigns 12 to Rockford
- 25 years later, a new generation gets immersed in ‘Friends’
- Holy anniversary! Displays of bat signal fete Batman at 80