SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois State Police says no arrests will be made if businesses violate the stay-at-home order, but urged them to follow the rule.
Last Friday, Gov. JB Pritzker issued an emergency rule that would fine businesses up to $2,500 for violating his executive order.
The ISP said it may issue citations for corporations and other businesses operating in violation.
Lawmakers are meeting in Springfield today to review the governor’s order, which has been accused of being an overreach of his authority.
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Officer shot in the head in Las Vegas on life support
- Carole Baskin awarded zoo once owned by ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic