SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois Department of Public Health announced Thursday that it will share data of COVID-19 cases in classrooms.
Dan Montgomery, president of the Illinois Federation of Teachers, said the data will ensure the safety of students and staff.
Montgomery also said IFT worked with the Chicago Teachers Union and American Federation of Teachers to develop its own COVID-19 tracker to identify outbreaks and report unsafe working conditions.
The tool will allow educators and guardians to monitor what’s happening in schools.
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- 10-year-old Louisiana boy sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit
- Viral Arkansas police officer on a mission to make a difference
- FDA authorizes first at-home coronavirus test
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency