SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois Department of Employment Security is hiring additional staff to help with the surge in unemployment claims during the coronavirus pandemic.
The IDES said it is hiring full-time workers to assist those applying for unemployment benefits, and to help connect job seekers with new opportunities.
Those interested can find more information and apply here for positions at the Rockford office.
More than 1 million Illinois residents have been out of work since a statewide stay-at-home lockdown began three months ago.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision