SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois Department of Employment Security is hiring additional staff to help with the surge in unemployment claims during the coronavirus pandemic.
The IDES said it is hiring full-time workers to assist those applying for unemployment benefits, and to help connect job seekers with new opportunities.
Those interested can find more information and apply here for positions at the Rockford office.
More than 1 million Illinois residents have been out of work since a statewide stay-at-home lockdown began three months ago.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander