SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois Department of Employment Security is hiring additional staff to help with the surge in unemployment claims during the coronavirus pandemic.
The IDES said it is hiring full-time workers to assist those applying for unemployment benefits, and to help connect job seekers with new opportunities.
Those interested can find more information and apply here for positions at the Rockford office.
More than 1 million Illinois residents have been out of work since a statewide stay-at-home lockdown began three months ago.
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine
- Long Range Pattern Favors Warmer, Drier than Normal Conditions
- Local museums re-open doors to public