MORRISON, Ill. (WTVO) — The Illinois State Police are investigating the death of an inmate in the Whiteside County Jail on Monday.
Accoriding to police, 50-year-old Michael Kinison, of Trenton, Kentucky, was found unresponsive in his cell at 7 p.m.
Whiteside County Deputies, along with the Morrison Fire Department, provided medical assistance before he was pronounced deceased, authorities say.
Kinison was being held in the jail on a felony charge of Arson since July.
Officials say an autopsy was conducted today and the investigation is ongoing.
- ‘Cake Boss’ star’s right hand impaled in ‘terrible’ bowling accident
- Illinois reports 2,257 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday, 30 deaths overnight
- Updated list: Rockford-area schools with confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- Early voting begins Thursday in Illinois