JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — 26-year-old Nicholas Murn, of Beloit, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of committing a series of robberies in Janesville.
Janesville Police say they had been searching for a suspect who committed two armed robberies within the last 10 days.
On Wednesday, around 11 p.m., police say law enforcement agents from another jurisdiction – which they did not name – told Janesville Police that the suspect was driving a blue Nissan Sentra.
At 2 p.m. on Thursday, Janesville Police officers spotted the car at the T.A. Express Truck Stop on the city’s north side and conducted a traffic stop.
Murn was found to be in possession of clothing used in the previous crimes, according to police. They say during an interrogation, Murn confessed to robbing the Stop and Go, at 3515 E. Milwaukee, and Mulligans, and 3961 Milton Avenue.
He was charged with two counts of Armed Robbery.
Police say more charges are expected for recent similar crimes.
- Standout defenseman Cody Franson returning to the IceHogs
- Winnebago County businesses brace for more restrictions as COVID-19 pos. rate reaches warning level
- Drive-thru flu shots available in Stephenson County
- Trump announces ‘Born Alive’ executive order
- October will feature two full moons, including Halloween